There are many advantages of working with a financial advisor and if you’re a Christian we think it’s important to work with a financial advisor who shares your values.
One of the easiest ways to find a Christian financial advisor is to search for a Certified Kingdom Advisor®. These are advisors who have met the educational and experience qualifications established by the Kingdom Advisors organization and who specialize in helping Christians integrate their faith and finances.
You may discover that there are several Certified Kingdom Advisors® near you, and countless ones who can work with clients virtually, so how do you pick the right one for you?
You can start by considering some important factors that will impact your relationship with a potential advisor such as the services you need, how you want to pay, and whether they are aligned with your values.
Once you’ve narrowed down your list, it’s a good idea to meet with potential advisors. This provides a valuable chance to get acquainted and for you to find out more information. Below are a few questions you can ask a potential Christian financial advisor:
- Are you a Christian? Can you tell me a little about your faith and how you integrate it with your financial planning services?
- What types of services do you offer to clients? Do you provide comprehensive financial planning?
- How are you compensated? What type of fees will I pay?
- What education or experience do you have? Designations? What do you do to keep learning?
- How many clients do you serve who have a similar life and financial situation to mine?
- How often will we work together? How often will I hear from you? What ways do you help educate your clients?
- Do you offer faith-based, or biblically responsible investing options? How many of your clients invest this way? Do you invest your own money this way?
If you’re interested in working with a Certified Kingdom Advisor® who also specializes in faith-based, or biblically responsible investing, get to know our Beacon Wealth team of Christian wealth advisors and give us a call to set up a meeting!
Still on the fence? Here are some more articles to learn more about working with a financial advisor: